Milford Sound is stunning. With an experienced guide and a small group of kayakers, you'll explore this spectacular fiord. Looking up at Mitre Peak, Pembroke Glacier and thundering waterfalls from water level is awe-inspiring.
Possible wildlife sightings include seals and occasionally penguins and dolphins.
Four to five hours of kayaking is involved and weather permitting, we'll stop for lunch on a secluded beach. If the afternoon breeze comes up, we'll raft our kayaks together and sail back – fantastic!
You have the option of joining this kayaking adventure either at Te Anau, The Divide (Routeburn Track road end) or in Milford Sound.
Travelling with us along the Milford Road is definitely part of the experience. We'll provide good kiwi music and tell stories, have afternoon tea and stop at our favourite places.
- Small groups – maximum of 8 people per guide
- Top quality sea kayaking equipment (double sea kayaks) and clothing provided
- Experienced kayak guides – who carry all the safety and emergency equipment, make all safety decisions, provide paddling advice and a comprehensive safety briefing
- Competence in water and moderate fitness required.
- Minimum age 16 years
- No paddling experience needed although energy, enthusiasm and a sense of humour all help
- Te Anau coach connections available (pick ups from most accommodation) – extra cost
- Delicious picnic lunch available, if pre-ordered – extra cost
- Hot drinks and kayaking snacks provided
- 20% Multi-Purchase REWARD
Book both Milford and Doubtful Sounds Sea Kayaking adventures together and SAVE 20% off your Milford Sound trip! More information
Specials: Any specials will be applied to your booking automatically - details of the savings are shown on your booking summary, prior to final payment.